Friday September 29
- Arrival of participants from outside Rome in the host communities.
- Where possible, evening prayer in the local community with prayer around the cross
- Supper with host families
Saturday September 30
- Breakfast with host families and communities.
- 9:00 Morning programme starts:
– Each participant has received the meeting place for one of the twenty five different theme pathways. Each pathway is made up of:
– A moment of prayer together in a central church
– Some form of input: Biblical reflection, life testimony…
– A time of interaction: sharing in small groups, visiting an art exhibition, serving a meal, meeting with migrants, homeless, cleaning of a public park…
- 11:30 Workshops/Round tables/Catechesis in several central churches
- 12:30 Walk to the lunch distribution place.
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch (a packed supper is also distributed)
- 14:00 Prayer of praise and worship
- 16:00 Walking towards St Peter’s square
- 17:00 – 18:30 on St Peter’s square
– Choirs, musicians, listening to people’s stories
- 19.00 Ecumenical evening vigil on St Peter’s Square in the presence of Pope Francis
- People return to their host communities and families
Sunday October 1
- Festive celebration in the host communities.
- Lunch with host families or communities.
- Programme ends with departure after lunch
Illustration: ©Marija Poklukar